Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, January 16, 2009

Update

I thought I would give everyone a quick update on our situation. Last Saturday at 1:39 in the morning we welcomed Drew Lloyd Urbanek into the world! He weighed 5 pounds 1.3 ounces and had a good set of lungs. He was 18.5 inches long with a ton of black hair. The delivery went fine. I was induced at 6:30 Friday night and had a baby not too much after that! So far everything has gone better than the doctors thought it would. Drew did not need any help breathing and has never had oxygen or anything. We are still in the hospital in the NICU. I was discharged Monday, but I've been able to stay with Drew in his room the whole time to nurse and spend time with him. We are looking forward to getting him home. The doctor thought that it might be Monday or Tuesday of next week that he can come home. He needs to gain weight two days in a row in order to be discharged. Thank you so much for all of your prayers and thoughts, we really appreciate it! I will be sure to post a lot of pictures once we get home and I can down load them to the computer.

1 comment:

Chaun said...

C0GRATULATIONS! Chaun and I have been checking every day to see what happened. We are so happy to hear you are both doing good. I can't wait to see pictures. We'll continue to pray that he gains weight. Our baby is due in two weeks. I hope they can meet soon!
Becky for the Bergmeiers